Visit Cancun Lighthouse, a hidden paradise in Punta Cancun
April 20, 2023
One of the most Instagramable sites in Cancun is without a doubt, the lighthouse that is emblematic of Punta Cancun
Surrounded by beautiful beaches in the Mexican Caribbean, this stunning location is incredibly photogenic, but still yet mostly unknown. Here are some things to know before you begin your visit.
How can I get to the Punta Cancun lighthouse and where is it located?
The lighthouse is located at kilometer 9 on Kukulcan Boulevard (the main road that runs through the hotel zone). To arrive at the lighthouse, first, you must arrive at Playa Caracol and from there you will walk a straight line to the right until you find it.
A few tips to follow:
- When arriving at the lighthouse, walk with caution as the area is somewhat rocky.
- Don’t forget your camera! You will have an amazing view of Cancun and the ocean.
- If you go later in the afternoon, it’s quite possible you will find the passing of our amazing sea birds.
- It is required to enter the beach through public access, not through the hotel. There are restrictions regarding going through the hotels as well as regarding food and beverage.
- Use sunscreen free of chemicals. This helps keep our waters crystalline for all our visitors.
Most of all, remember, your visit is an agreement with nature, take care of it and please take your garbage with you when you leave!!!